Turkey has all the pieces you want for a good relaxation: the new solar, the attractive sea, and the wonderful seashores. And in addition, the folks in Turkey are actually hospitable, which is why vacationers love coming again to Turkey again and again.
We at Shiny Facet took a entire pocket book to write down all of the info we’ve discovered about Turkey. And at the tip of the article, there’s a bonus for you — tales from folks that have visited Turkey and never simply gotten a memento, however a cool story.
1. When company come to a dwelling, they go away their sneakers exterior.
- Footwear are taken off earlier than coming into the residence. Individuals go away them exterior. That is why it’s essential to know if you’re visiting somebody. There could be a few pairs of slippers for company in a Turkish dwelling, however you can additionally arrive there with your individual slippers and no person could be stunned. © turetskiy.yazik / Facebook
- Like all Turks, I began taking my sneakers off at the entrance door to hold the home clear. And a good host sneaks out whereas their company are consuming tea and turns the company’ sneakers with the guidelines pointing away from the door to make it simpler for them to put their sneakers on when leaving. © osfery / Livejournal
2. All ladies are thought of stunning, simply in other ways.
In Turkey, ladies are very elegant. A few of them put on boots in any sort of climate. It’s very easy to acknowledge Turkish ladies in Europe by simply their boots. © haydamak / Livejournal
If you might have gentle pores and skin, gentle eyes, and a small, straight nostril, you’re stunning. If you might have darkish pores and skin and eyes, you’re a Turkish magnificence. In each circumstances, males in Turkey will adore you. It’s simple to be stunning in Turkey. © nedorazumenie / Livejournal
3. Turkish males are actually impulsive and they’re massive sports activities followers.
- A Turkish man wants one meet-up to let you know how critical his plans are: he may say he needs to strive courting, suggest marriage, or simply counsel going to his place. And 99% of the time, Turkish males are critical about what they are saying. At least when they’re in the second. Perhaps, it’s an intuition they need to try to be first at all the pieces. © SHKAPYNETA / Livejournal
- If your husband comes dwelling and his voice is hoarse, he appears to be like all purple, and he flips you the other way up, it’s most likely as a result of his favourite soccer crew has simply received. © inesa_baronessa / Livejournal
4. Turkish individuals are actually hospitable.
- My greatest tradition shock was the friendliness and compassion of the folks. I requested one man learn how to get to a Turkish tub I had present in a brochure. He informed me to not go there and that it was a vacationer entice. He stated he would take me to a REAL Turkish tub. He spoke Turkish to the proprietors, translated the worth lists for me, and left me to have a nice expertise at decrease charges than the vacationer entice had marketed. © Bunny Paine-Clemes / Quora
- In Turkey, it’s simple to really feel like you’re an fascinating particular person as a result of they’re extremely well mannered. They’ll simply sit and discuss to you about something in the world whereas smiling. After which they may say one thing about you which you could’t disagree with. That is simply what individuals are like right here. © osfery / Livejournal
- Wherever we went, folks would greet my children warmly and cheerfully and provides them one thing — a bar of chocolate, a piece of sweet, and even a pack of paper tissues once they couldn’t discover one thing nicer to supply. That touched our hearts deeply. My now 7-year-old daughter retains asking me to take her again there the place the individuals are “candy and beneficiant” towards children. We have by no means skilled something related in some other nation we have been to. © Shaban Rashed / Quora
5. They’ve a bizarre perspective towards driving legal guidelines.
“In Turkey, they’ve launched new cool blue roads! Some cyclists use that street too, however we honked at them and pushed them off the street. Drawback solved.”
- Driving in Turkey is very uncommon. There are driving legal guidelines, of course, however not everybody follows them. The Istanbul visitors is extra just like the Brownian movement in 3D due to the panorama of the town. I was the one particular person in the town that used a flip sign! © unclejosef / Livejournal
6. Individuals love cats in Turkey.
A man brushes a avenue cat in Turkey.
- It’s nice to be a cat in Istanbul. It’s most likely essentially the most animal-friendly metropolis in the world. In lots of its components, there are whole homes for them. Turks love feeding their little pals. © rederika / Livejournal
- The cats that dwell in 5-star all-inclusive lodges have the most effective lives. A brochure in my resort room stated, “Our resort has a particular cat home. The cats that dwell there get to eat particular cat meals so we kindly ask you to not feed them with the restaurant meals.” © igor_salnikov / Livejournal
7. There’s no such factor as central heating.
- The most important shock in Turkey is for those who are used to central heating. A lot of locals have laughed at me — “I’m from Siberia, so how can I get chilly in Turkey?” Turkish folks themselves put on some fairly skinny coats in winter and virtually don’t put on hats. They put on hats extra for the model than to hold heat. Additionally, there are 2 sorts of blankets in Turkish homes. One is for winter and the opposite one is for chilly winter nights. © osfery / Livejournal
- The components of Turkey which are actually chilly (close to the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara) have central fuel heating. Many flats can management how heat they need it. Of course, you want to know that the payments for this are actually excessive. © irina_calish / Livejournal
8. They don’t have a good time birthdays.
- Since I moved to Turkey, I haven’t felt that we have any holidays (Christmas, Easter, New Yr). Even on birthdays, virtually none of my Turkish relations congratulate me. And I’ve kinda gotten used to it. © alaturka_vik / Livejournal
9. They’re beneficiant however not thrifty.
A restaurant proprietor in Turkey gathered avenue distributors’ youngsters and ready a feast for them.
There may be a perception in Turkish tradition that the extra you give, the extra you get. In different phrases, God blesses those that give to others. © Mel Burslan / Quora
A Turkish bride and groom selected to serve meals to 4,000 refugees for his or her marriage ceremony banquet as an alternative of throwing a lavish reception celebration for his or her company. © mdjunaid2495 / Reddit
Individuals in Turkey spend cash simply with out even excited about tomorrow. For instance, in the vacationer enterprise, they know that they’ll earn cash solely in the excessive season, and there’s virtually no work in small vacationer cities. However as an alternative of saving cash for the colder instances, they simply spend it. © irina_calish / Livejournal
10. They drink a lot of tea.
Tea is not only a drink however an excuse for us to get collectively to have a good time our moments with our family members, or simply merely to present how we care concerning the ones we have a cup of tea with. © Sophie Demirturk / Quora
Turks don’t plan their lives, they dwell in the right here and now. We’re right here, it’s good, the tea is sizzling, and it’s all good. Why would we want plans? If one thing modifications in an hour, somebody calls us, or it begins raining, we’ll do one thing about it. Why plan something forward? © irina_calish / Livejournal
What nonetheless annoys me about Turkey are actually lengthy tea events. We speak about stuff: about neighbors, relations, and politics. There have been instances when folks frolicked with us for 5-6 hours. © IRINA_CALISH/ Livejournal
11. At Turkish weddings, they don’t use flowers.
- In Turkey, they don’t use flowers at weddings. Effectively, there are flowers, however not in bouquets. They’re wreaths that look type of scary. On the wreaths, there are the names of the individuals who introduced them. We had these items at our marriage ceremony, however happily, they had been at the doorway solely. © osfery / Livejournal
- Turkish weddings are crowded. It may seem to be most company have completely nothing to do with the celebration. And it’s true. For instance, my sister’s pal got here to the marriage together with her husband and her mom! As a result of younger women can’t go to celebrations of this nature with out firm. And there have been some folks we didn’t know at all! © osfery / Livejournal
- In Turkey, folks give flowers on different events. However for weddings and funerals, they create wreaths. It might be fairly surprising if you see them for the primary time. © turkeyonair / Livejournal
12. They love youngsters in Turkey.
I’ve lived in Turkey for a very long time however I’m nonetheless shocked to see ladies’s attitudes towards another person’s youngsters. I was in a hospital. A girl subsequent to me was exhibiting a photograph of a new child child of her distant relative to a pal. The pal didn’t even know the mom of the kid. I wouldn’t like the concept of somebody exhibiting different folks the photograph of my little one. And it’s a extremely popular factor to take pictures of newborns. I’m continually proven photos of another person’s children. They count on me to be all glad. And the identical factor occurs when somebody with a little one involves somebody’s place. All Turkish ladies begin kissing the kid after which give me a suspicious look as if they’re questioning why I’m not doing the identical. I simply can’t make myself hug and kiss a little one I don’t know. © MsFrost / turkeyforfriends.com
Bonus: Consumer tales
That is how a lot shampoo we noticed in our room at a Turkish resort after we left $3 as a tip. © Coy0te / Pikabu
My pal and I had been in Turkey. Each night, we went dancing the place a man was promoting roses. So he stored bringing my pal roses from completely different guys. Generally only one rose, typically massive bouquets. I bought nothing throughout our whole keep there. On the final day, the person got here up to us and my pal reached for the rose however he gave it to me. After I requested him who it was from, he stated proudly, “From me.” He felt sorry for me. © Podslushano / Ideer
What info do you recognize about Turkey which you could’t discover in a journey e book?